When you have made the important decision to put your home on the market, your Realtor will give you a list of important projects that you will need to accomplish before showing your home to potential buyers.
One of the most important factors in putting your home on the market is to make sure that your home is staged to sell. When buyers walk through your home, you want to make sure that it is perfect! There are many tips that you can find on-line, however, the National Association of Realtors recommends several general tips that you can follow that will make sure your home beats the competition!!
1. Make sure that all unnecessary items are removed from the home. You may want to keep a few items on the furniture, but de-clutter your home. The buyer needs to be able to visualize themselves in your home and if there is too much clutter, they will not be able to see their furniture and accessories when previewing your home.
2. Make sure that all your counter-tops in the kitchen are clear of any appliances. Put the appliances away and pull them out when you need them. Make sure all your appliances are clear of any magnets, pictures or messages.
3. Remove all unnecessary items from the counter-tops in the bathroom and commode top. Keep only the things that you find necessary and that you use on a regular basis, but make sure that they are kept neatly in a group on the counter. Make sure that all your towels match the bathroom.
4. Remove all personal pictures for every room in the home with the exception of the master. You can leave a few personal pictures in your bedroom. De-clutter your walls throughout the home to help it feel spacious and open.
After you have removed all the unnecessary items from your home, you should walk each room to ensure that it feels spacious and de-cluttered. Think like a buyer and what you would want to see if you were looking at the home.
5. Make sure your home interior is painted in neutral colors. Touch-up rooms that need it and repaint walls that are a personal color and will not be attractive to many buyers.
6. Make sure all your carpets and rugs are cleaned prior to your home going on the market.
7. Clean your windows!!!
Keep in mind that your goal is to sell your home at the highest price in the least amount of time. Staging is a great tool for accomplishing this goal. As Realtor’s in the Atlanta Market for many years, we have seen the best looking homes fly off the market time and time again because of staging and “pricing to sell!”
For more information on how to stage your home on the inside and outside, visit Realtor.com for more quick tips.
Great time to sell and buy in Atlanta
KathyandMary – Connecting Atlanta
Keller Williams Realty Metro Atlanta